U13 Development Programme
About the Programme
The U13 Development Programme has been running for a number of years. The programme enables Wellington Hockey to develop a significant number of players and umpires prior to the representative season in line with our development mantra “Never Ending Improvement”.
In 2019 Wellington Hockey will continue with the changes based on community feedback from last year to improve the organisation and delivery of this programme and offer the programme to further individuals.
· The programme in 2019 will be coached by small sticks competition coaches, assisted by Capital representative players and overseen by Capital & Wellington Hockey staff.
· The programme will be run in term 2;
· A self-nomination process to streamline administration and communication.
· The programme will consist of 2 weekly sessions (2 hours) at a centralised venue (NHS)
· A back up day is reserved if necessary for 9th June.
The following should be used as guidelines when players are nominating themselves for the U13 Development programme. It’s important for individuals to recognize that although the U13 Development programme is a development programme there are constraints on the amount of people that can be catered for. If the programme is oversubscribed club and school coaches will be consulted to reduce the numbers.
Players that possess the following attributes should nominate themselves for the U13 program;
· Be U13 as of 1st January 2019 and be in year 7 or 8
· Be available to participate in the U13 Representative programme in Term 3.
· Potential to represent Wellington Hockey in the next two years
· High level of coachability
· Versatility in a range of positions
· Willingness to learn
· Team Player
· Love of hockey
· Positive attitude
· Embrace the principles of fair play
Please note that to be considered for selection in a Wellington U13 Representative team individuals must take part in the U13 Development Programme. Development Programme. During the programme, independant selectors will be present.